BBC’s annual charity telethon Children in Need airs on Friday this week and as per usual there are lots of cycling themed fundraising rides taking place.
One such ride is the week long tour by Staffordshire rock band the Lost Scenes, who will be cycling 200 miles from London to Manchester and playing gigs along the way. The four-piece’s aim is to cycle in London to Manchester in six days and hopefully finish with a set of songs at BBC Manchester on Children in Need night. Along the way, the boys will play live with an acoustic set at various venues and stages on their mammoth cycle tour.
The band started their journey on Saturday at the BBC London’s headquarters and then travelled onto Aylesbury, Bicester Designer Village, and Oxford. Yesterday they took on Stratford-Upon-Avon and Worcester. This morning, the lads set off again with Worcester, Droitwich and Birmingham in their sights.
The rest of the tour itenary is:
- November 15: Wolverhampton, Stafford and Stone (Official Fundraising Gig at the Crown and Anchor in Stone, where the band comes from)
- November 16: Amerton Farm, The lounge (Stone), Trentham Gardens and Newcastle-Under-Lyme.
- November 17: Talke, Congleton, Alderley Edge and Didsbury.
- November 18: Stockport, Manchester, event finishes at BBC Manchester.
Apart from playing at the various places above, the lads will also be performing acoustic sets in their motor-home every night.
You can track the band’s progress on the band’s Facebook and Twitter pages. If you want to support the boys’ fundraising efforts for Children in Need, you can donate at their Just Giving website page here. They have also recorded a special single for Children in Need which is called ‘Lullaby’. This track is available to download from iTunes for 99p with all proceeds from the track going to The BBC Children in Need Appeal.
We wish them the best of luck.
Matt Baker’s Rickshaw Ride
Another Children in Need bike ride worth noting is the Rickshaw Ride of The One Show’s Matt Baker. Matt will cycle a rickshaw from Edinburgh to London in eight days. Matt began his journey on the morning of Friday 11 November from Edinburgh Castle and aims to complete the 484-mile journey by the time The One Show’s Children in Need special airs this Friday.
Throughout the challenge, Matt will be picking up passengers along the way where the ride allows. This includes members of the public, a variety of surprise guests and of course Children in Need’s very own Pudsey bear.
- Day 1 Edinburgh to Hawick 53.5 miles
- Day 2 Hawick to Hexham 59.2 miles
- Day 3 Hexham to Barnard Castle 49.0 miles
- Day 4 Barnard Castle to York 70.6 miles
- Day 5 York to Lincoln 78.0 miles
- Day 6 Lincoln to Peterborough 73.2 miles
- Day 7 Peterborough to Cambridge 41.0 miles
- Day 8 Cambridge to London 59.3 miles
To donate £5 to Matt’s ride, text “MATT” to 70705; texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message, £5 will go to BBC Children in Need.